Why Feed BARF?
Your pet dogs and cats are carnivores; they eat other animals, their meat, bones, internal organs, the lot.
Your pets need to be fed their natural diet as it provides the very best nutrients in the form needed for maximum health. Large raw meaty bones provide the natural tough chewy texture necessary for supreme dental, physical and mental health.
Whilst we have domesticated our pet dogs and cats, and their physical appearance may have altered, on the inside they still retain the nutritional and physiological needs of their ancestors.
Therefore, if we feed our pet carnivores properly, a natural raw diet, we reap the following benefits:
- Leaner body mass. Pets generally gain increased lean muscle mass, increasing the animal’s metabolic rate and energy levels.
- Improvements in the animal's skin and coat are one of the first things you will notice. Skin allergies and irritations with constant scratching and biting disappear, resulting in no more vet bills, cortisone or medicated washes.
- No more doggy odour.
- Naturally, beautiful clean white teeth, no gum disease, and no doggy breath. No need for expensive veterinary treatment and risky anaesthetics in order to have teeth de-scaled.
- Tearing and ripping flesh from the bone not only flosses the teeth but also stimulates the flow of digestive enzymes in the stomach and intestines.
- Reduced stool volume. No more searching or accidentally stepping in doggy stools as it is firm and turns chalky white after a few hours.
- Healthy dogs and cats so no expensive vet bills.
- The natural ripping and chewing involved in eating raw meaty bones develops the neck, jaw and shoulder muscles of the dog. People have reported that their dogs seem much calmer and content which demonstrates psychological benefits.
- Dogs with little energy or old arthritic dogs have been reported to "have a new lease on life" with remarkable improvements in mobility and activity levels.
- Breeders report having better managed matings, pregnancies and puppies are grown slowly and lean.
- Longer life expectancy as dogs and cats are much healthier and happier.